Almost every time I first meet/chat with a couple shopping for a DJ, they are thinking to themselves, what the heck do I ask this guy? Most people have never hired a DJ so I want to quickly explain a little more about my approach to weddings and why Im different than every other DJ/company.
- I am a seasoned commercial DJ having played on national stages alongside other incredibly talented musicians and DJs. Im also a classical pianist. When I perform, I combine these skills and am able to provide a “live” feel to my music.
- Im not a booking agency and don’t have a roster of DJs, any of which could show up at your wedding. If you book me, Im your DJ, from start to finish. This is my full-time job and I eat, sleep, and breathe music and weddings.
- Im not an iTunes click and play DJ and mix music seamlessly, live at every event. Im also a wedding DJ, not a club DJ, and there is a big difference. I use ALOT of elements that you would experience in a club but understand how weddings are to be treated differently. My job is to make people in their 70’s dance with people in their 20’s and 30’s, and that is a skill in itself.
- I use the highest quality, most reliable, commercial grade equipment available. Again, this is my livelihood and I spend a lot of time and effort making sure that everything I use is the very best that exists.
- My music and performance has dynamic. Each portion of the evening should be different and flow into the next. I like to play up-beat happy jams for cocktail hour, utilize my piano a lot during dinner with downtempo acoustic jams and unique mixes of Top 40 as well as the classics, and finish with your reception and the last 2 hours at 100 MPH. My approach is very high-energy and covers a lot of genres, all mixed and matched in a very unique way. I like to make people get excited and dance until their feet hurt.
- My music does the talking, not me. My motto is “less is more” with a microphone and do not hype up your crowd or tell jokes, etc. I perform at elegant events and Im certainly not the star of the show. I use a microphone to direct the procession of the evening, inform your guests as to what is going on, and provide all necessary MCing and announcements. A lot of DJs unfortunately are very very cheesy, but I am everything but that.
- Lastly, I LOVE WHAT I DO. I play at amazing celebrations and travel all over the world DJing. Im so fortunate to do this for a living and it shows every time I play and perform. This is ALL I do, and I absolutely love it.